Thursday, May 1, 2008

Your the Best Cupcake!

Today's cards were totally inspired and practically cased from Shanna and a card I saw on her blog Pink Tulle with Feathers and Sequins. Her card was much cuter than the one here and she used a Stella on her fabulous card which is a new line of images from Stamping Bella (I absolutely LOVE these new Stella stamps). I've been wanting to order some of these Stella stamps from the time I saw them, just a few weeks ago, but after seeing Shanna's awesome Stella cards and another Stella being released the other day, I could NO longer resist! I just ordered and can hardly wait to get my hands on them and play!


For the cards here I used a Lockhart cupcake stamp and colored them with my copic markers and then outlined the tops of the cupcakes with my Spica glitter pen. I embossed a portion of the barley banana card stock with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder, added brads and matted the Cupcake Basic Grey designer paper with real red. I used my fiskar scissors on one card for the zig zag and my slit punch to create the scallop on the other card.
Colors: Old Olive, Barley Banana, Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White.

Thanks for the inspiration Shanna!

10 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

I think they look wonderful, nice bright, fun colors!! Great job:-)

Shannan Teubner said...

These are just fabulous!!

Kimberly said...

What a wonderful and fun card. That image is adorable and your coloring is fantastic!!!

Danni said...

More fun, bright colored cards! Love them!!
You really do make some of the most fun cards....you are so talented!

Liane said...

Beautiful and fun card!

Lim said...

Love it, love it!! The colors are beautiful and the layout is gorgeous!
Hugs, Lim

Tina said...

So pretty and fun. That image is so cute. Great papers and colors.

Jamie Martin said...

Both cards are super cute! I like how you used brads in both layouts :)

Courtney said...

These are so bright and cheery! I love them!

Deb Wood said...

This is just the cutest and so yummy and fun!! I love the bright colors!! Stella you say, better check this out!!