Friday, August 21, 2009

Updated Craft Studio Pictures

For an updated look at my craft studio, please click HERE.

A couple weeks ago I had my husband hang another shelf and some cork boards above my computer desk in my craft studio which is in our basement, afterwards I cleaned up and decided to take a few shots. No its not always this clean especially if I'm in the middle of creating a card, most of the time you can hardly see the counter top when I get going. I try to keep myself fairly organized because it's such a small space, but it's my space and I love it.


Most of my smaller SU word stamp sets I keep above my work area along with my back ground stamps and the rest I keep in my closet organized according to theme. I keep loose cut ribbons in a candy jar, buttons in these little stack able containers I found at Joann's, flowers in larger jars and all of my brads and doo dads in Art Bin containers. I keep my embossing folders and Spellbinder dies in a green bin directly above my cutting area (the rest of my Sizzix dies are in drawers) and I love the white rain gutter that my husband cut and hung for all of my ribbon. I keep white, neutral and the SU In Colors sitting at the end of my work space along with my 12"x12" designer papers. The rest of my paper is stored underneath in the cabinets in hanging file folders.





Below is a shot of the other side of the room where my computer desk is. The shelf and three squares of cork board are the new additions to the room, before this wall was bare but now I can pin up notes, cards and messages with either magnets or push pins (I found these at Joann's on sale). Above the cork boards I have boxes for photos to scrapbook one for each of my kids and one for family. The walls in my room are painted a pale yellow, I wanted a warm sunny color since I'm in the basement.







At each end of the room I have matted and framed Mary Engelbreit prints, two of my favorites of hers (I adore her work and have for years). The one above my work area reads: To love what you do and feel that it matters-how could anything be more fun? and the other print reads: Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.


I hope you enjoyed a peek at my little craft space!
Thanks for stopping by!







26 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely craft area! I love your screen on your monitor!

Beth said...

Wonderful place to create! Super counter space - lots of room to display your cards!

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

Lynn, your room is gorgeous! Love how organized it is! I got some great ideas. Thanks for sharing these picts with us out in blogland :D

Bananastamper said...

Wow! What a fabulous crafting space! You've got me thinking I need MORE counter space! Thanks for sharing!
Shanna

Ann Kranitz said...

Super bright and cheerful!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

It doesn't surprise me that a fabulous cardmaker like yourself has such a fabulous crafting space! LOVE IT!!! :-)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Thank you for sharing! I am soooo inspired by your studio!
I love the teapot frame.
I also love how you have the 4 magnet (?) boards. Are they just covered canvases with magnet on top? I love the arrangements of color themed cards. Very cool
The cork above your computer is a cool idea as well.

Thanks again for the tour.

Marci said...

Your space is amazing! So organized! Thanks so much for sharing it!!

Jenn said...

Awesome space! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you know this already, but just in case...this months "Where Women Create" magazine features Mary Engelbreit.

Dani said...

Fabulous room! I totally have "Craft Studio Envy" now! :)

Deb said...

wow, what a wonderful room! You are very lucky! Its beautifully decorated and so organized. :-)

Wanda in NC said...

What a nice grand stamping room. TFS pictures with us.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Lynn - what abeautiful space. I am incredibly jealous but now have some ideas to steal for my own space (lol)!!

Erica said...

Wow! What a great space! You are a lucky lady!

Priscilla said...

Oh wow, your craft studio is amazing! I hope to have my own one day...


~*Priscilla Aguilar*~
http://faeriedreamsandpaperwishes.blogspot.com

Susan N. said...

Your craft space is so organized, I love it. Great idea for storing your ribbon. Can you tell me how wide the rain gutter is? Did you use something inside to secure the rolls of ribbon or do they stand up on there own? Thanks for sharing craft space with with us.

Cindy Newell said...

Hi Lynn! Seriously, I've seen pictures of LOTS of studios over the years and I'm surprised most of them would even admit it was their studio! LOL JK! However, I wanted to let you know that I LOVE your studio!!! It is really one of the nicest, cleanest and most organized I've seen! Now, I know it doesn't look that "orderly" all of the time, but what I mean is you don't have a lot of junk stuffed in every nook & cranny. Very lovely! I'm sure you absolutely love it too! I wish you many years of creative inspiration! ~Cindy

StinkerbellSteph said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Wish I had your organization! It's so well thought out!

Andrea said...

No wonder you create such lovely cards, your space is amazing. Isn't it nice to have a little place in the world to call your own? Love how you store your ribbon in a rain gutter...who knew???

Anonymous said...

Love all the comments that people leave here about your room/space/ mom cave. I now see why it is so important to you. Enjoy it sweetie you really deserve it.

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my, what a fabulous space and so clean...can I come visit??

Jenny said...

OMG...I am soooo jealous! Perfect get away room!!

Shannon Willis said...

I am speechless. Your room is amazing. So bright and beautiful. I would spend hours in there.

I also love your blog. I have spent about 45 minutes on here this morning looking through your projects. You are so talented.

Unknown said...

Wow! This room is AMAZING! Fantastic. You must create so many beautiful things here. Thank you so much for linking up to Scatter Girls.

Deneen said...

I so wish I had my own room. I have a little corner in my master bedroom that only a little 4 foot table fits in so I have about 2 feet of working space. I dream of having a room like yours some day :) It's beautiful enjoy!

April said...

I know this article is from 2009 and you may have moved or upgraded your "Mom Cave," but I wanted to do this same sort of thing to a spare bedroom. Only I will share a small space with my husband for his computer. Did you buy stock cabinets and have the counter top installed or was the whole room professionally done?

Hope you are still creating!!