Monday, April 22, 2019

To a Friend Like Gnome Other

Hi there! Today I’ve got my final project for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge up over on the Lawn Fawnatics blog. It was so fun guest designing for this challenge, I love doing sketch challenges because I think they help you try something new, a different layout that maybe you wouldn’t normally try. I hope that you’ll take the time to play along!
For my card, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Oh Gnome along with the Oh Gnome dies to create a birthday card. These little gnomes are so adorable and fun to create with and with all of the images not only in the Oh Gnome set but with some of the other Lawn Fawn garden themed sets as well.
To create my card, I started out by stamping some of the images from the Oh Gnome set and coloring them using Copic markers (B21,B23, B24, B18, Y17, Y35, YR23, YG07, YG09, R05, R24, R27, E11, E95, E30, E31, E25, E27, N4, N7, C1, T3, 0) then die cut them out. Next I die cut the Mushroom House from Vanilla Malt and Chili Pepper cardstock and blended on some frayed burlap and candied apple distress inks. I die cut the little door and window to the mushroom house from a piece of yellow Knock on Wood paper. After that, I used the Outside In Stitched Circle Stackables dies to die cut a white cardstock circle and blended on some broken china distress ink for my sky. I used some Cilantro cardstock with the Grassy Hillside Borders die for the bottom of my die cut circle and then adhered the mushroom house with foam tape. Once my mushroom house was adhered to my die cut circle, I added the three mushroom images, the smallest red mushroom from the Gleeful Gardens stamp set. I added the girl gnome with flower, a die cut butterfly, the black smoke stack and the happy birthday sentiment which was from the Wavy Sayings set and stamped onto a Simple Wavy Banner
For the base of my card, I used a piece of Really Rainbow Scallops paper along with a piece of green Spring Fling paper and die cut them using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies. Next to give the illusion of the diagonal stripes from the sketch, I used the Little Picket Fence Border die and die cut it from white cardstock. Before adhering down my white picket fence, I blended on some broken china distress ink so the fence would pop a little more then I adhered two pieces of the green Spring Fling paper that I die cut using the Stitched Hillside Borders dies and Grassy Hillside Borders dies and I had blended on some lucky clover distress in along the edges. For my sentiment which was one long line, I used my Misti tool to stamp one half on top of another. Once my card base was done, I adhered my circle with the mushroom house using foam tape, added the two clouds which were from the Starry Backdrops stamp set and added the boy gnome with wheelbarrow.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is wonderful Lynn. I am really enjoying your Lawn Fawn cards! You are giving me some wonderful inspiration. And helping me add to my LF wish list. LOL Anyway, I really like how you added the gnome house to the circle. Your coloring looks terrific, so bright and cheerful. This card makes me smile! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing this great card- I love it! What you've done with the card sketch is amazing, & as soon as I unpack from the move I'm going to try to make it!