Thursday, April 4, 2019

Chirpy-Chirp-Chirp!

 Hello there! I’m popping in today to share an Easter card I made last weekend while stamping with a friend. It was my first attempt at using the new Lawn Fawn Magic Picture Changer dies.
I wanted to go with the idea of a chick popping out of an egg and my friend was nice enough to let me use her Chirpy Chirp Chirp Lawn Fawn stamp set and coordinating dies. I started out by using the Magic Picture Changer dies and tracing the square openings with pencil so I would know where to stamp. On the first square opening I stamped an egg, the butterfly and the grass images and stamped the same egg on scrap paper to create a mask overlay so that I could blend on some twisted citron, lucky clover and tumbled glass distress inks. I used a cloud stencil while blending the sky and then removed my mask overlays and stamped the inside of my egg. For the second square opening, I did almost the exact same as the first except I used the cracked egg and stamped the bottom of the egg first then masked it and stamped the chick, then masked the chick and stamped the top half of the egg. I stamped and masked the butterfly as well and then with all of my images masked, I blended on my distress inks. Once my blending was done, I colored my images with Copic markers including the little chick with his basket on the outside of the frame. I used some purple Doodlebug Design paper for my background which I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackable dies and used some yellow checked Echo Park paper along with some lavender lace cardstock with the Magic Picture Changer Add-On dies. I stamped part of my sentiment onto an Everyday Sentiment banner and the other half directly onto my background.

1 comment:

Doni High said...

Fantastic! And the vivid Easter colors are gorgeous!