Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Peanut Butter Jelly Time - CTD537

Hello! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have some bright spring colors to create with. Before I get to my card, I’d like to welcome this month’s guest designer, Lee Ann Barrett 
 
I used this week’s colors to create a fun food scene for the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge which is Fun with Food. I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Let’s Toast along with the Let’s Toast dies and Let’s Toast Pull Tab Add-On die to make my card interactive. To create my card, I started out by stamping some of the images from the Let’s Toast set (the toaster, toast, butter & knife) along with images from the Milk & Cookies + dies (the milk carton & glass), Thanks a Bushel + dies (the apple) and So Smooth + dies (the yogurt). I paper pieced the toaster using some Echo Park green gingham paper and colored all of the images using Copic markers then die cut them out. I used some yellow striped MFT paper along with some Doodlebug Design paper for my back ground which I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die. I stamped my sentiment onto a white banner that I die cut using the Everyday Sentiment Banners. I used foam tape to pop-up the toaster, yogurt, knife with butter and also my whole rectangle panel.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Lee Ann Barrett - April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Gab said...

I love this - great colour scheme!

Samantha Mann said...

looooooooooooooove!!! the pull tab is AWESOME with the pb&j! love the colors!! just so cool! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog! :)