Monday, April 15, 2019

Hap-pea Birthday Double Slider Surprise

 Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by. I’ve got some super exciting news! I’m honored to be guest designing over at the Lawn Fawnatics blog! I can hardly believe it! The challenge that starts today is to design a card using the sketch below.
For my card, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Be Hap-pea along with the coordinating Be Hap-pea dies and the Double Slider Surprise dies to create a birthday card. I took some creative license with the sketch and instead of doing diagonal stripes on my card, I used images from the Be Hap-pea set to indicate where the stripes would be. 
To create my card, I started off by stamping several of the peas, pea pods, leaves and tendrils from the Be Hap-pea set and coloring them using Copic markers (YG03, YG06, YG07, YG09, Y11, Y15, Y17, 0). While coloring the pea pods, I tried to indicate the seeds/peas inside each pod by leaving circular areas a lighter green. I also used some candied apple distress oxide ink to stamp the cheeks on the peas and used white gel pen for highlights on all of the images. I used a white card base, then added a piece of the new Spring Fling paper which I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die. Next I die cut all of my main pieces for the Double Slider Surprise from white cardstock and die cut the slider pieces (the panels that pull out) from both white cardstock and Perfectly Plaid/Daffodil and adhered them together. Before I assembled my slider card, I adhered my images to the slider panels and on the bottom panel stamped my sentiment and music notes.
For the center pocket piece of my slider and the tabs to pull the panels out, I used more of the Spring Fling paper in yellow and green and used the Stitched Scalloped Circle Frames die to die cut a white scalloped circle for the center. I adhered my pea images within the scalloped circle, popping up the speech bubble and a single pea outside the circle with foam tape. Next I stamped the hap-pea sentiment and die cut a total of three of them and glued them together for added dimension, then stamped the birthday sentiment underneath. Once my whole double slider was completed, I added it to my card using foam tape.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: