Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Love in a Jar

 Hello there! Thanks for stopping by. Today I’ve got a fun shaker card that I’m sharing where I used some new (to me) products from Queen & Company.
 Usually shaker cards are a bit of a struggle for me with all the cutting of foam tape, acetate and having everything line up just right. Well after receiving the Love Jar Kit and some other supplies from Queen & Company, I can tell you it was so much easier to make a shaker card. Everything is pre-cut and ready to go which made it much more fun.
To create my card, I die cut a bunch of the stems, flowers and leaves along with the heart tag using the Love Jar Flowers & Stems dies and then stamped the flowers in a rainbow of colors and the stems in new leaf ink. I stamped the tag with the heart image from the kit in red ink and then stamped the for you sentiment. Next I used a piece of gray dot paper from the Love Jar Kit along with the mason jar lid die and die cut it out. After that, I used the Dots Paper Pad and die cut the mason jar, the red polka dot for under the lid, the yellow polka dot for my background and the red dotted paper for along the bottom of my card. Once all of my pieces were cut, it was time to assemble my shaker. I arranged my stems how I liked them onto the pre-cut white paper shaped as the mason jar and glued them down. Then I removed the backing to the pre-cut foam mason jar piece and adhered that on top of my stems. Next I used my anti-static powder tool all inside the opening where my shaker bits would go and then added some of the Love Jar Flower Toppings from the kit along with some clear Pastel Diamonds Toppings. Once my shaker bits were added, I adhered the pre-cut acetate and die cut aqua paper to seal it up. I wanted my stems to come out of the opening in the lid and not behind it so what I did was to use a piece of press n seal along the top of my stems coming out of my shaker and then cut the stems right at the top of the jar then adhered the lid to the jar, insert my stems through the hold in the lid and glue them from the back. Super easy and gave me the look I wanted. All that was left to do then was to tie on some yellow bakers twine from the kit and add my tag then adhere everything down, popping up my flowers with foam tape and added some fun yellow Goosebumps and some rhinestones from the kit.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

kel said...

wow that looks like an awesome kit! great cards and i love the flowers in the shaker mix!