Friday, April 12, 2019

Waving Hello

Hello hello! Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a good week. Today I’m sharing a mermaid Magic Picture Changer card that was so fun to create.
 To create my card, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Mermaid for You along with the new Magic Picture Changer dies. I started out by tracing the square openings of the magic picture changer dies onto white cardstock so that I would know where to stamp my images. For the first square, I stamped the mermaid sitting and then masked her off so that I could stamp the boulder and fish. I then masked off both the boulder and fish as well as the mermaid and used some salty ocean distress oxide ink and wave stencils to create a background for my mermaid. Once the stamping, masking and background were done, I colored my images using Copic markers and die cut it using the magic picture changer die. The second square opening (the one you see when you pull the tab) was created exactly the same way but I used different images from the set. 
 Once both of my magic picture changer pieces where die cut, I used the Magic Picture Changer Add-On die and die cut a piece of blue Really Rainbow Scallops paper. I used a white card base, then added a piece of pacific point cardstock which I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die. Then I used two pieces of tempting turquoise cardstock and die cut them using the Stitched Wave Borders dies. On the die cut wave pieces, I blended on some salty ocean distress oxide ink along the edges. After that, I die cut a piece of kraft cardstock using the Stitched Hillside Borders die and blended on some vintage photo distress oxide ink for the sandy bottom of the ocean. For my sentiment I used the Wavy Sayings stamp set and stamped it onto a Simple Wavy Banners. For the fish and sea life, I used the stamp sets Fintastic Friends + dies and You Are Sublime + dies.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness!! Absolutely love this card. I love the beach and ocean so this is right up with my favorites!

Christine Kiehl said...

Loving this card! So fintastic!