Wednesday, April 24, 2019

For a Fairy Good Friend

Hello crafty friends! It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge. Our colors for this week are yellow, orange, navy and green.
I was super excited to receive two new stamp sets with dies from the last Hello Bluebird April release, I couldn’t wait to ink them up and get creating. So the card I have for today was created using the Hello Bluebird stamp set Fairy Garden along with the coordinating dies. I also used the little snail and a flower images from the Garden Friends stamp set and dies. Both sets have the sweetest images in them that coordinate so well together.
To create my card, I started out by stamping a bunch of images from both the Fairy Garden set and the Garden Friends sets then colored them using Copic markers and then die cut them out. Next on a piece of white cardstock cut to card front size, I used some mustard seed distress ink and blended the yellow in the center and then used some chipped sapphire distress ink along the edges. After that I watered down some white craft paint and using a paint brush tapped against my hand added some white splatters all over my ink blended piece. Once that was dry, I used an oval die to cut out the center. I then attached the yellow center piece to my card front. Then I attached the rest of the panel/frame using foam tape. I die cut a piece of simply chartreuse cardstock using the Grassy Hillside Borders die and blended on some crushed olive distress ink and adhered that to my card front. Then came the fun part of adding my images. I used more foam tape to adhere the snail, ladybug and fairies along with adding some under the flower that fell over the die cut oval. For my sentiment, I heat embossed with white embossing powder onto a strip of black cardstock. For some finishing touches, I used a white gel pen for some highlights and on the fairies wings (see pictures below) I used some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Lee Ann Barrett - April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.





3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely adorable!

Susie said...

Lynn, your card using Fairy Garden and Garden Friends is absolutely charming and delightful! The use of the challenge colors worked perfectly for this magical night time scene using the Hello Bluebird stamps and coordinating dies. I love the card!

Nora Noll said...

This is so sweet!! I LOVE your coloring on this!