Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day - CTD#378

Hello!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Lori is our hostess for this week who chose this fun Valentine inspiration photo and great color palette.

Before I get to my project for today, I'd like to welcome our new Color Throwdown design team member, Amy Rysary.  Welcome to the team, Amy!
I'd also like to welcome the talented Kay Miller as our February guest designer.
Along with the Color Throwdown Challenge, I'm jumping in and entering my card and gift bag into the Curtain Call Challenge as well. The card and gift bag that I created doesn't really have much stamping on it other than my sentiment banner because I chose to go with more die cut felt which was inspired by both this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and the Curtain Call Challenge.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Keep It Simple: Valentine's Day for my sentiment and the PTI heart shaker dies as well as some button, flowers and leaf dies.
I used the PTI dies to create my shaker and filled it with a variety of sequins and the tiny die cut hearts that come with the dies.  Once I had the shaker put together, I adhered it to the embossed die cut panel I had added to a white card base with foam adhesive.  After that I stamped my sentiment onto a banner, die cut my flowers, buttons, and leaves in shades of red, pink, white and gray.  I sewed real buttons into the centers of the flowers and once that was done I adhered them onto the edge of my heart shaker adding the sentiment banner after the flowers were in place.
For the little gift bag filled with candy, I adhered a paper doily onto the front of the bag, folding over the top edge and using the same PTI heart shaker dies I used on my card, I die cut them in pink, red and white and adhered them on top of the doily.  I die cut more felt flowers, buttons and leaves and sewed on a heart button and adhered that to the center of my hearts.  To seal the bag I used a pink heart straight pin along the top edge of the bag.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Kay Miller - February Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

11 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Valentine perfection! What awesome shakers, and I love how you have the dimensional heart flowers on the outside, sooo cute!!!

Celeste Goff said...

What an absolutely fabulous card and sachet! You nailed it!

Lisa H. said...

ack!!! these are fantastic! sooo much fabulous details. great work, Lynn!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers, this is such an amazing project! LOVE that awesome shaker card and the matching gift bag!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so beautiful, Lynn! I love your take on the Curtain Call inspiration photo!

Vickie Z said...

How perfect is this!! Y'all are making me want to do a shaker card...been too long! Love the felt...might have to get that out too....

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn what a sweet card/treat bag combo you created. Love your design and as usual your perfectly executed designs. Curious what felt do you use?

Kay Miller said...

Oh my!! Your card and treat bag are stunning!! These are the cutest things ever! I adore the felt flowers!! So so so cute!!!

Lori said...

This is fabulous! Love the card/treat bag combo. The layered felt flowers on the set are gorgeous.

Barbara said...

Awesome card and treat bag, Lynn!!

Shwetablog said...

nice