Saturday, February 6, 2016

Happy Birthday - PTI Anniversary

Hello, friends!  Happy Saturday!  Today I've got a card that I created for the Papertrey Ink 9 Year Anniversary Celebration.  Each day during the celebration (from Feb. 5-15) Papertrey Ink host a challenge, the first challenge which started yesterday was to create a new project that uses one of the Color Recipe Cards shown on the PTI site.  I chose Betsy Veldman's Color Recipe card with it's beautiful vibrant colors, my favorites.  
Betsy's-colors
The card that I created is a one panel birthday card using the PTI stamp sets, Bold Blossoms, Graceful GreetingsWinter Woods, Turning a New Leaf and Beautiful Butterflies.  I had so many ideas in my head for creating cards when I first saw the Bold Blossoms set that Dawn McVey designed, the card I'm sharing today is one of them.
  
I started off my card by first stamping my sentiment in black ink, then I die cut and stamped four of the flowers and some leaves from the Bold Blossoms set adding shading with Copic markers to the flowers.  I also die cut and stamped several of the centers of the flowers and then die cut and stamped my bird (you know everything is better with a bird on it, lol).  After arranging my die cut flowers, leaves and bird around my sentiment, I then knew where I wanted to stamp my orange flowers and Turning a New Leaf stems.  I did add a touch of tropical teal to my card which isn't on the card recipe but felt was needed in my design.  I stamped a little butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies set at the top of my card and once all my stamping was done I adhered everything in place.  As a finishing touch, I added three iridescent sequins.
Thanks so much for your visit!

Pin It

9 comments:

paperkicks said...

The bird is so super cute on your card! Lovely design!!

Ashwini Rao said...

There's a bird amongst those gorgeous flowers! Oh my gosh!! Love love love it!! And those flowers looks soo lovely!!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! Love the placement of your flowers and all of the gorgeous stamping of the leaves and accents! Soo much detail! Well done!

Lyn said...

So so beautiful <3

Patti Willey said...

Totally incredible card! What a lovely design and special Birthday Greeting! Great job Lynn!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I can't tell you how much I adore this card! Such a beautiful combination of so many of my favorite PTI sets!! Amazing job Lynn!!

Diana K said...

Wow! Just wow! It is so gorgeous that I may be jealous :) Just wow, again!

Birgit said...

This is so darling!! I love how you nestle this sweet bird in among all these pretty flowers!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

A gorgeous colourful card Lynn! Great use of the chosen colour palette.