Saturday, February 20, 2016

Many Blessings

Happy Saturday!  I hope you're having a good day!  The sun is out and it's close to 60 degrees today where I live which gives me hope that spring is right around the corner.

Today I'm sharing the first in a collection of watercolored cards that I created the other day using distress inks and some Papertrey Ink supplies.  
For the card that I have today, I used crushed olive and tumbled glass distress inks to do some watercoloring on a panel of watercolor paper.  Once that was dry, I added some flecks of ink using my paintbrush and set it aside.  Next I die cut two PTI Beautiful Butterflies from some hawaiian shores and aqua mist cardstock and the Scripted sentiment and some stems from white cardstock.  I added a bit of blended ink onto all of these die cut pieces to give them some definition especially onto the top hawaiian shores layer of my butterfly.  Going back to my watercolored panel, I stamped my birthday sentiment in black ink and adhered all of my die cut pieces adding a few iridescent sequins as a final touch.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is gorgeous! Your background turned out amazing! What brand of watercolour paper are you using? Love the texture!

Kay Miller said...

Wow! That is so pretty Lynn!! Your watercolored background is amazing!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE, love, love this gorgeous watercolor design!!