Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hello - CTD#379

Hello and welcome!  I hope you're having a good day!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  It's my week to host the challenge over at the Color Throwdown and I've chosen a feminine color palette with pinks and metallic gold. The inspiration picture I chose caught my eye because the heart shaped cookies (see photo below) where actually watercolored with flecks of edible gold.  Watercoloring is so on trend right now and with Valentine's Day right around the corner, I thought it this combo would be fun.  I hope you like it!
I was having so much fun watercoloring that I created two cards for this week's CTD challenge.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Bold Blossoms (I'm a sucker for a pretty floral set) with coordinating dies along with the Scripted and Noted stamp set with coordinating dies.
I started out by die cutting a bunch of the flowers from the Bold Blossoms set from watercolor paper and watercolored them with Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Worn Lipstick distress inks (I have a bunch leftover so I can make more cards).  While my flowers were drying, I die cut my Hello There and Hello (three of these & glued them together) from gold metallic paper and set them aside.  For my first card, I used watercolor paper and sponged on some picked raspberry and worn lipstick distress ink, then sprinkled it with water, waited a few minutes and blotted it with paper towel.  Then I added some flecks of gold with some watered down metallic gold paint, stamped my birthday girl sentiment and added my watercolored flowers and sequins.
For my second card, I used some watercolor paper and the same three distress inks and added three rows of color.  Once that was dry I added some flecks of seedless preserves distress ink and gold metallic paint.  After that dried, stamped my sentiment, adhered my watercolored flower with leaves and glued down my metallic gold Hello and a few gold sequins.  I adhered this panel to a mat of some pretty in pink card stock and added foam adhesive to the back then taped it to my white card front.  It's difficult to see from the photos but in the dark purple centers of all the flowers, I used some Wink of Stella glitter pen, so between the flecks of gold metallic paint, sequins and glitter, these cards really sparkle.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
Kay Miller - February Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

How gorgeous, I love your watercolouring!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh my...this is such a stunning card! LOVE everything about it and am pinning for future reference!

paperkicks said...

Great technique! Your cards are beautiful!

Patti Willey said...

Probably my favorite Distress Ink colors Lynn! So pretty & feminine!

Kay Miller said...

Wow!! These are all quite beautiful Lynn! Gorgeous watercoloring!!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog this morning via The Color Throwdown. I have spent the past hour going through your past posts. It didn't take me long to sign up for email updates from your blog. I absolutely love love love this card. Everything about it is appealing to me. Happy to find your blog, Lynn! TFS

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh WOW! What stunning cards!!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is beautiful. Love everything about it.

Broni said...

Gosh, Lynn, these cards are so vibrantly beautiful! I love them both! And I LOVED the colors this week! Thank you!

Lori said...

Love your watercoloring, Lynn! So beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty!