Sunday, February 7, 2016

Thinking of You - PTI Anniversary

Hello there!  Today I've got another card for the Papertrey Ink 9 Year Anniversary Celebration.  Today's challenge on the PTI site was to create a new project with supplies you grab and gather together in 5 minutes.
Well this wasn't a hard challenge for me since I still hadn't cleaned up from the card I created yesterday which you can see here.  In fact I had already die cut a bunch of these Bold Blossoms flowers out and had the bird from the Winter Woods set die cut and stamped already and used the same sentiment stamp set so the only other supplies I had to grab was ink, white cardstock, Copic markers, a handful of silver sequins and the Meadow Greens stamp & dies set.
The inspiration for my card is the photo above which is from Park Cities Petals who I follow on Instagram.  Their arrangements and florals are amazing!  So when I saw this big bouquet of deep red poppies I knew I wanted to use them as inspiration for a card.  I used to grow poppies at our old house when I had really good soil, they were beautiful in oriental reds, yellows and pinks and were the size of teacups.
For my card, I started out by stamping my sentiment from the Graceful Greetings stamp set in black ink, then inked up the ferns from the Meadow Greens set in Ocean Tides ink and stamped off, stamping the ferns twice on the front of my card.  Next I die cut three sets of leaves from the same set, Meadow Greens and stamped those full Ocean Tides ink.  After that, I stamped my flowers in Ruby Red ink (SU) and added shading using Copic markers, then stamped the centers in black, popping up the largest flower and it's center with foam adhesive.  All that was left was to arrange and adhere my pieces and then I added black glitter to the flower centers and three silver sequins.

Thanks for popping in ;)

Pin It

14 comments:

karen h said...

I love this - especially the bird snuggled into the flowers! Beautiful card!

Vikki H said...

So very pretty! Nice details and design.

Annheidel said...

Gorgeous! Those big red flowers really pop against the soft greens.

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness! Another stunner!! This is beyond beautiful Lynn!!

Nancy Penir said...

Not fair, Lynn! This is way too gorgeous! Even if I had die cuts laying around, they'd never end up this perfect! -sigh! Love your work!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is oh so pretty!!!

Lyn said...

Drop dead gorgeous card without a doubt <3

Luanne said...

Love your colors!! This is fantastic, and I love the different stamp sets you use. Just awesome!

Birgit said...

Gorgeous as always Lynn! Your designs are always among my favorites and this one is at the top of my list.

Susi said...

Sweet little chickadee enjoying such a lovely flower garden! Fabulous card.

Marisa said...

Great color combo and a fabulous card!!

lainey said...

I also like this color combination. Great job!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Stunning Lynn. Love those gorgeous blooms and colours.

crafts by jeni jenne said...

I am not sure how I missed this post in the line up, but your creation is stunning! The color scheme, layout, creativity...all of it...beautiful!