Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hello There

Hi friends!  Just as we had a nice tease of warmer weather the other day, tomorrow we're going to get hit with a winter storm.  I guess we can't complain since we've had a mild winter as far as Michigan winters go.  Hopefully this will be the last of it.

Well today I'm sharing the final card in my collection of watercolored butterfly cards.  It was so fun playing with an assortment of watercolors last week and seeing what color combinations I liked and didn't like.  I encourage you to give it a try.  I had a question on my blog last week asking what type of watercolor paper I use.  I use Master's Touch which I purchased at my local Hobby Lobby (I'm lucky that I have a Hobby Lobby, Micheal's and a JoAnn's all on my corner, not so sure my husband feels that way, lol), you can purchase this paper in larger pads but I usually buy a 6"x8" pad for $2.99 and use a coupon.  Super cheap!  
For today's card, I used the same supplies as the past few days which were the Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies die and the Scripted stamp set and coordinating dies.  I used some wild honey and shaded lilac distress ink to watercolor my background and some shaded lilac and royal velvet blended onto my die cut sentiment and butterfly.
Here's a shot of all four cards from the last few days, each using different color combinations.  I think my favorites are the top two cards with the lighter colors of watercolor, I guess now I know for any future cards.

That's it for my today, I'll be back again tomorrow with my Color Throwdown card.

Pin It

4 comments:

Eva Bussom said...

Love it...

Ashwini Rao said...

That's a beautiful set of pretty cards! Love the dark navy butterfly against the lovely watercolored background!

Carol from La Crosse said...

Very pretty cards. How do you get that kind of look with the watercolors? Do you use a heat gun?

Thanks for sharing this idea. I would love to try this!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all gorgeous, Lynn! Thanks for the inspiration!