Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Friend - (CTD380)

Hi there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #380.  Our hostess for this week is Vickie who chose this pretty color palette and inspiration photo.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Rosie Posie with coordinating dies and Bitty Bouquets for my sentiment.  I started out with a white card base, then added a panel of charcoal gray card stock. On top of that I added a strip of pure poppy designer paper and a panel of watercolor paper that I had watercolored gray stripes on to using ink.  Then I die cut my PTI Mat Stacks, one from white card stock one from gray and stamped my sentiment, adhered them together and trimmed the edge.  The roses were die cut and stamped in ruby red and pure poppy and the leaves in going gray and basic gray.  I added a few silver sequins to finish off my card.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Kay Miller - February Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the matching envie with this gorgeous card! The watercolored stripes are a creative touch in the BG!

paperkicks said...

Lynn, this is simply a stunning card! Using anything PTI that I don't have in my stash, makes me wish I had purchased it! What I love more than the stamping technique is the watercolor stripes. Gorgeous!

Lisa H. said...

more gorgeous flowers. Love these in the red and gray. so pretty!

Susi said...

Lovely card - perfect to send to a good friend. That pop of red stands out beautifully.

Whimsey said...

Sooo pretty; I really love this color combo and your envelope? SWOON!!

Barbara said...

I love what you did with this, Lynn! Gorgeous flowers and that background is perfection!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the watercolor striped background.