Sunday, January 6, 2008

Valentine Sweets

It feels good to be able to be back in my own home again, even though my back is killing me from cleaning the whole house like a mad woman. If you read my previous post you know that we had our hard wood floors refinished this last Thursday and because of that we had to leave our house due to the strong smell of the chemicals that they used. The whole process took three days, Thursday they sanded and stained, Friday they applied a coat of finish and yesterday the final coat of sealer. This afternoon we came home and opened all the windows and aired out the house, while I cleaned and did laundry for five hours or so, even some of the linens in my closet smelled like the sealer they used yuck. All I know is that I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight in my own bed.

The card I'm posting is for Sharon Johnson's challenge from her blog No Time to Stamp, the challenge was to make a card long and low, well my card is long but I don't know how low it is because I wanted to use this image from Stampendous. Its hard to see but I added red stickles on the cherries and a little on the strawberry's just to give it a bit of sparkle. I'm really liking this color combo of the Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pretty in Pink and So Saffron. If you have a chance check out Sharon's blog, her work will blow you away, this lady not only does just single cards that will make your jaw drop but whole collections that are just beautiful.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Hi! LOVE your card!!! I have always liked that particular tiered serving tray and you have used it so well here!!! Great job on a long and low card and I'm so glad you played!!! Thanks!!! And I see you are from MI -- me, too!!! And thank you so much for the kind words -- I truly appreciate it!!! Hope you can play again sometime!!!

Deb Wood said...

This is on mt list of things to do, I'll get around to it eventually! Your colors are delicious (I'm thinking banana split right now) and the treats look so yummy. I also love the card you did for Beate's sketch, which I haven't gotten around to either. Again great colors and love the scallops and piercing. You do great cards!!

As for the floors, well I can't even imagine! Staying at my mom's would be awesome though, she's great! Hope you finally got some sleep!