Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy January 1, 2008!

This is something to make ya smile, I know I did after reading it because I can totally relate.
After Christmas
> ================
>
> 'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the house
> Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
> The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
> At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
>
> When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
> When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
>
> I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
> The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
>
> The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
> And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
>
> As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
> And prepared once again to do battle with dirt
>
> I said to myself, as I only can
> "You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
>
> So away with the last of the sour cream dip,
> Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip
>
> Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
> "Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
>
> I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.
> I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
>
> I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
> I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
>
> I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore
> But isn't that what January is for?
>
> Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
> Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
>
>
> ~Author Unknown~

2 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

That is so true! Love it. Thanks for sharing it.

Jeanette said...

Cute. That is how I feel. JCV