Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm Seeing Pink Spotted Elephants!

Yes this is yet another project we made for stamp camp the other night. This is a smaller sized card, its 4 1/4" square and has lots of layers on it. I was inspired to make this card by Cambria from her blog Stamp a Little Love Baby!, I thought her card was sooooo adorable, I couldn't help my self. I did change a few little things on this card, for instance I paper pieced the elephant using some of the Bali Breeze designer paper from Stampin' Up (such yummy paper). I also used my nestabilities square die to make a scalloped mat for the stamped elephant image, then used pop dots under it to give my card some dimension. I then stamped the butterfly image and used my 1 1/4" circle punch to punch it out, but doing this you end up loosing one wing so I stamped it separate cut out the wing and then glued it on, making it look like it could fly away!
Thanks for the inspiration Cambria!

Supplies: Happy Heart Day, Bali Breezes DP, Nestabilities, Circle punches, Ribbon from Meijers, Aqua brush, Pop dots. Colors: Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I LOVE your blog!!! I love your clean lookin' lines and designs! Wow! Hope you don't mind if I link my friends to your site! :)Julie

Jeni said...

I had a blast at Stamp Camp Lynn! I just love your style! Thanks for having me!