Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Bug Deal Slimline Card - CTD596

 Hello crafty friends! It’s Wednesday and time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge. I hope you’ll take the time to play along.
I’ve been waiting for Lawn Fawn to come out with new slimline dies since the popularity of slimline cards seems to be a big hit and I’m glad they did with their mini release a few weeks ago. I’ve made a few slimline cards before but having the stitched dies makes creating one even better. I had so much fun creating this card!
 For my card, I used the new Small Slimline with Lift the Flaps die along with the fun Hey Lady stamp set and Hey Lady dies and A Bug Deal stamp set and dies
 To create my card I started out by stamping, Copic marker coloring and die cutting a bunch of images from both the Hey Lady and A Bug Deal sets. Next I used the Small Slimline with Lift the Flaps die and die cut a piece of new leaf card stock. Once that was die cut, I used the large leaf from the Hey Lady set and some new leaf ink and randomly stamped my die cut piece then blended on some lucky clover distress oxide ink along the edges.
 Next I used the circle die from the inside of the magnifying glass and die cut the center flap so the lady bug would actually be inside the flap. After that I used a piece of noble fir card stock to mat my die cut piece and again randomly stamped the large leaf image from Hey Lady with new leaf ink. 
 Once that was done, I adhered my die cut piece with the flaps and added my images popping up the caterpillar and leaf, the center lady bug and the butterfly with foam tape. I love the surprise of lifting the flaps to see what fun is underneath.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: