Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Best Fishes and Mermaid Kisses - CTD597

Hello crafty friends! It’s Wednesday and time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have some great new colors to create with.
For my card, I used this week’s CTD colors and the current Create a Scene Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #78 to create a slimline mermaid birthday card using the Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You stamp set and dies.
The first thing I did to create my card was to stamp out several images from the Mermaid for You stamp set and to color them using Copic markers then die cut them out using the Mermaid for You dies. I also stamped out some fish & a crab from the Fintastic Friends set and dies, a fish from the Duh-nuh set and dies, a small seaweed from the Seahorsin’ Around set and dies and bubbles and a small rock from the You are Sublime set and dies. It’s great how all of these sets can work together to create a scene.
Once that was completed, I used the new Small Slimline with Lift the Flaps die and die cut a piece of white card stock. Next I started blending on some distress oxide inks. Starting at the top of my die cut piece I blended on some tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, wilted violet, seedless preserves and at the bottom faded jeansAfter my ink blending was completed, I used a paint brush and splattered on some water droplets and lifted them with paper towel.
 Next I used my Misti tool to stamp part of my sentiment. The Best Fishes sentiment is from the Fintastic Friends set which I stamped along the top, the “and” is from the Rub-A-Dub Dub set (yes I looked through all of my Lawn Fawn sets to try and find the words I wanted) and for the words Mermaid and Kisses, I heat embossed them onto black card stock using white embossing powder. The word Mermaid was from the Mermaid for You set and the Kisses was from the Bugs and Kisses set. 
I die cut a piece of kraft card stock using the Small Slimline die and the Stitched Hillside Borders die and then blended on some walnut stain distress oxide ink and attached it to the bottom of my panel tucking in a few seaweed images. After that I added all of my images popping up the mermaids with foam tape.
Once everything was adhered, I added some lime green glitter to the mermaid tails, some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to all the fishes and some Glossy Accents to all of the bubbles to make them shine.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a fantastic card! Oh my gosh, the background is gorgeous. So deep and vibrant. In awe! I love your mermaids (lime green glitter? LOVE it) And all the fish and undersea life are so colorful and beautiful. What a labor of love. Thank you so much for sharing, Lynn! Big heart eyes!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Joyce Heinen said...

What a beautiful underwater scene, love the blending on the background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

Gab said...

This is so so pretty