Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Silly Bird Birthday Card - CTD608

Hello crafty friends! I’m hostess for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge and I’ve chosen the colors orange, pink, yellow and peach which I thought would be pretty colors to create with.  
To create my card, I used the fun Hello Bluebird stamp set, Silly Birds with the coordinating Silly Birds dies. I think one of my current favorite ways to create a simple card is how I created my card today, which I’ve done before and I like the results. I used my Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies and die cut a piece of thick card stock and then used it as a stencil to blend on color like I did for my card today where I blended on some spun sugar distress oxide ink. It's a simple way to lay down some color to ground your images.
I had stamped and die cut a bunch of these adorable bird images from the Silly Bird set so all I had to do was color them with Copic markers, figure out my layout, stamp my sentiment and then adhere my images, popping up three of the birds with foam tape. I also added some glitter to the one birds party hat and some Glossy Accents to the eyes of all the birds.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Broni said...

This is SOOOO adorable, Lynn!!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the blended ink background too L:ynn. I usually mask my edges off with sticky notes but might try your stencil technique as it sounds like a time-saver :) Love the fabulous birds in all their shininess and what a great colour combination! Vicky x