Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Thank You for Your Kindness - CTD606

Hello friends! It’s Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.
For my card I used the pretty stamps from The Greetery to create a thank you card. I started out by using the Sprinkled with Kindness stamp set and die and die cut several of the watering cans. Next I used my Misti tool and stamped the multi step watering can in speckled egg, cracked pistachio, a bit of brushed corduroy and weathered wood distress oxide inks. After that I used the Budding Beauties Summer stamp set and dies and stamped the peony images in blush blossom (su), melon berry (pti), spring moss and simply chartreuse ink for the leaves. I also used the Petite Eucalyptus stamp set and dies and stamped them in ocean tides (stamping off for the first step and full strength for the second) along with ripe avocado ink for the stems.
Once my watering can and flower/stems were complete, I die cut a piece of white card stock using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies and blended on some antique linen distress oxide ink in the center and used a piece of scrap paper as a stencil and blended on some brushed corduroy distress oxide ink. I stamped my sentiment in the upper left corner and adhered my images, popping up the watering can and peonies with foam tape. To finish off my card I added a few iridescent sequins and stamped my envelope.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Lynn this is absolutely gorgeous! I love your layout, and the colours you used. The watering can looks so real!