Wednesday, August 5, 2020

You’ve Been So Kind - CTD605

Hello, hello! I hope you’re having a good week so far. It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have the fun colors of red, coral and blue to create with and we hope you’ll play along.
 I’ve used this week’s colors and some new stamps by The Greetery that I’ve been excited to create with. I used the Sprinkled with Kindness stamp set and dies along with the new Budding Beauties Summer stamps and dies to create my thank you card.
 To create my card, I started out by die cutting a bunch of the watering cans and flowers so I would have several die cut and ready to stamp. Next I stamped two of the hydrangeas one in spring rain and bashful blue and another in bashful blue and brocade blue with new leaf green ink for the stems.

Next I stamped the daisy images in real red, new leaf and harvest gold and the peony image in cameo coral, terra-cotta tile, simply chartreuse and new leaf ink. The watering can was stamped in going gray and basic gray. For my background, I die cut a piece of red gingham Doodlebug Design paper using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies and added a strip of blue polka dot Pebbles basic paper along the bottom. On top of that I layered a white scalloped panel which I die cut using the Mix & Mat: Scallops die and stamped my sentiment in the upper left corner. I adhered the red daisies and then popped up the rest of my images with foam tape before adhering them.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

so lovely , very homespun and country. jane x