Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Rainbow Fairy Slimline Card

Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing a fun rainbow themed fairy slimline card using some new Hello Bluebird stamps and dies.
To create my card I started off by stamping four of the fairies from the new Fairy Dance stamp set and die cutting them using the Fairy Dance dies. I also used one fairy and a ladybug from the Fairy Garden stamp set and dies. Once my fairies where stamped and die cut, I figured out my layout and then colored each fairy in rainbow order using Copic markers.
Next I used the new Fairy Glade Scene Vertical die and die cutting it using white card stock. I used some distress oxide inks on all of the die cut pieces except for the border. I used mowed lawn on the grass and stems sprinkling them with water and watered down mowed lawn and I used scattered straw and wild honey on one flower, wilted violet on another and wild honey and carved pumpkin on the two other flowers. For the large mushroom, I used  antique linen and brushed corduroy on the stem and some abandoned coral and some regular red ink. I also added some Copic marker to the mushroom stem and to the green stems and purple flower for more detail.
For my background, I blended on some tumbled glass over the whole background and then went around the edges with some salty ocean distress oxide ink then sprinkled water and more salty ocean ink. 
Once my background pieces where done, I used the negative of the Fairy Glade die to adhere in my pieces onto my background popping up the top of my red mushroom with foam tape. Next I added my fairies with foam tape and adhered the bee, butterfly, flowers and ladybug. I added some sequins to my background and some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to all of the fairy wings and butterfly and bee wings.

No comments: