Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Happy Bird-Day Slimline Card - CTD609

Hello, hello! I’m here with my card for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have an awesome new color palette to create with.
For my card I created a slimline card using the new Hello Bluebird Garden Party along with the Garden Party dies. I started out by first stamping and die cutting a bunch of the images from the Garden Party stamp set as well as the flowers and mushrooms from the Fairy Garden set and bugs from the Fairy Dance set. I colored all of my images using Copic markers.
For my background, I used the Small Slimline die, which I blended on some tumbled glass oxide ink using a cloud stencil, as well as the Stitched Hillside Borders dies with some chartreuse card stock which I blended on some peeled paint distress oxide ink around the edges. I used my Misti Tool to stamp my sentiment and music notes and then I adhered my die cut panel to a piece of pale plum card stock and then onto a brilliant blue card base. I adhered all of my images to my card front, popping up the three birds and one of the bugs using foam tape.
In the close up photos above and below you can see that I added some lime green glitter to the jitter bugs and some clear Wink of Stella glitter to the flowers and the wings of the flying bug.

For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: