Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Leaves are Falling Autumn is Calling

Hello, crafty friends! For the next few days I’ll be sharing some fall themed Hello Bluebird cards here on my blog and I’m excited to share this first with you today.
Hello Bluebird Stamps has a challenge going on over at their Instagram page and it’s all about fall or #hellobluebirdlovesfall I should write (it ends Oct. 31). If you’ve visited my blog here over the last few months then you know I’m crazy about the Hello Bluebird Fairy Garden stamps, I think they’re the sweetest. So with that in mind I knew I wanted to used the adorable fairies from the Fairy Garden set to create a fall scene for my entry.
For my card, I used several different Hello Bluebird stamp set with the focus mainly on the fairies from the Fairy Garden stamp set and Fairy Garden dies. I created an elongated card, not my first but it’s been a while, instead of a standard A2 sized card. For my background I used a combination of distress oxide inks, starting at the top of my card I used Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Walnut Stain along the bottom. Along the ends and top corners I blended on some Candied Apple so the birch trees would stand out a little more and then I sprinkled on some water and blotted it with paper towel. I used my heat tool to dry my blended background before stamping my sentiment from the Pumpkin Time stamp set. I used my Misti tool to stamp the sentiment to make sure I got a good impression. I also stamped the grass/ground images from the Pig Day stamp set along the bottom of my card to give more definition to the ground.
Once my background was completed, I used the Birch Tree dies and die cut them from white card stock then blended on some Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress oxide ink and added them to my card. I stamped all of my images and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out. Other than the fairies, I used the stamp set Pumpkin Time and the Pumpkin Time dies for not only the sentiment but the little pumpkin cart (I cut the fox off after stamping), the mouse, small pumpkin and leaves. I used the Fall Friends stamp set and Fall Friends dies for the tiny pumpkin the one fairy is holding and the larger pumpkin. The large mushroom is from the Garden Friends stamp set and dies and the medium mushrooms are from the Fairy Garden set. The small pumpkin in the bottom center is from the Autumn Gatherings stamp set and dies and the little birds are from the Pig Day stamp set and dies. Yes I used a lot of Hello Bluebird stamp sets:) I adhered all of my images to my card front, popping up the three fairies and pumpkin cart with foam tape.
Below is a close-up shot of the metallic gold Spica pen I used on the wings of each fairy along with the clear Wink of Stella glitter pen I used on the fairies, pumpkins and leaves.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you like what I’ve shared!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: