Friday, April 24, 2015

Happy Birthday to You - {TYIC#20}

Hi there!  It's time for the Tag You're It! Challenge #20 and our inspiration for this challenge is the lovely tag below by design team member Jen Mitchell.
Jen's tag is so striking and inspiring with the ombre colors and bold black, such great design.  I probably copied too closely to her design but I just loved her tag so much I couldn't find myself varying from it.  I used a Magenta bird stamp that I've had for a while (love a good bird stamp and Magenta stamps have been around for years).  I heat embossed the image using white powder, then used blending sponges to add my colors.  From the top I used limeade ice, daffodil delight and then hawaiian shores at the bottom.  I spritzed my tag with water for a bit of texture, added my heat embossed sentiment (PTI Garden Grace), a black punched circle with black and white bakers twine at the top and a few sequins to finish it off.

Have a great day!

Pin It

6 comments:

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous tag Lynn with a beautiful background! Love the sequins and sentiment strips!

Julie B said...

Love this bird on a branch stamp, super tag. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

I adore your take on my tag! I wish I had thought to do the little water splashes because they make the background so much more interesting. I love everything about this!

Kay Miller said...

OH beautiful blending and I love the black banners on your tag!! So lovely!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Beautiful!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Really beautiful Lynn! I love the distress background. Always afraid to hit it with a little water when I'm done but this is spectacular!