Monday, April 20, 2015

Happy Mother's Day Roses - {PP241/CTS#119}

 Hello!  I had some time in my craft studio over the weekend and was able to create a few cards, one of them is the Mother's Day card I'm sharing today.  I used two challenges as inspiration for my card, the first one is the Paper Players Challenge #241 Clean and Simple: Watercolor and the second CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #119.
For my card, I used the Altenew stamp set Painted Flowers and for the sentiment the PTI stamp set Happy Hydrangea.  I used an aqua mist card base and a piece of watercolor paper to first stamp my roses and leaves (raspberry fizz and limeade ice) then wet the area around the stamped roses and drop in aqua mist ink using my paintbrush.  Once that was dry, I stamped the black outline for the roses and added my sentiment banner along with some diamond Stickles on the roses and a few sequins for my background.

I hope you have a good Monday!

Pin It

7 comments:

Kay Miller said...

WOW! Lynn this is stunning! Those watercolorly flowers are so pretty and I love the background too! Beautiful beautiful card!!

stampwithsandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lynn! I love what you've done with this stamp set which I now own too, and you have totally inspired me! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Lynn! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Wow! This is absolutely lovely. I need to learn to use that stamp set. ;)

Ann Schach said...

A beautifully watercolored card, Lynn! I love the shading on the flowers and the leaves. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch--love those Altenew blooms!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this card Lynn, I love those flowers and have been wanting that set myself!! Just gorgeous!!