Wednesday, November 21, 2012

CTD#219/RS#38 - Swanky Snowdudes

 Howdy Ho friends!  I hope you're all doing well.  It's time for the Color Throwdown Challenge and our hostess for this week is the talented Tammy
I'm in love with the colors Tammy has chosen for us this week, these colors are such fun colors to work with.  I really hope you'll take the time to play along with us this week.
For my card I used the Paper Smooches stamp set Swanky Snowdudes and the Retro Sketches Challenge #38 for my layout to create a Christmas card.  I ended up flipping the layout from the sketch because my snowman was pointing in the other direction but overall I stayed true to the sketch.
Supplies: Swanky Snowdudes -Paper Smooches, My Mind's Eye dp, Copic markers, Glitter, Banner die (PTI), Corner rounder, Bakers twine, MS snowflake punch, Button, Foam tape.

Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
Our November Guest Designer -
Lynn Mercurio - Stamperosity
 
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with family and friends! 
 
Pin It

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh that's a CUTE image!!! Great colour challenge this week!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What an adorable snowman, Lynn. He looks so cute in this color combination and your embellishment of twine and that sweet little button on the snowflake is too cute.

Broni said...

Ack! Your snowman is awesome, Lynn! And we used the same great sketch, I see! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lori said...

Lynn, this is so sweet! The snowman works perfectly with this color scheme. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Vicki Stys said...

What a sweet card, Lynn! I'm amazed that you made a Christmas card with these colors! Great job!

On another note, I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just the cutest snowman and I love how you added the sentiment banner and the rounded corners!!!! Have a great Thanksgiving Day!!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Too cute, Lynn! Love that swanky snowman, and perfect use of the colors!

Kim Heggins said...

What an adorable card...love that sweet snowman and that little blue bird, so cute!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE that snowman! Too cute!

Sashika Taylor said...

Fab card! Love the image, and the colours are really fresh x