Wednesday, November 7, 2012

CTD#217 - Sending You Thanks

This is my second post for today, if you're looking for my Fresh Squeezed Stamps post please see the post below this.
It's time for another fun Color Throwdown Challenge (CTD217).  Our hostess for this week's challenge is Denise who has chosen some snappy colors and a cool inspiration photo (I want this outfit!) for us to create with.  We hope you'll take the time to play along with us this week!
To create my card I layered it up, I started with a basic black card base, then a white panel then added a panel of My Mind's Eye designer paper that has a denim look along with a strip of Memory Makers black and white designer paper with a border of scallops.  On top of that I added a piece of black stitched ribbon and my center panel which consist of a die-cut Mat Stack piece which I stamped my sentiment (A Big Thank You - PTI) on, a few die-cut Turning a New Leaf stems and a die-cut layered flower with button.  The navy card stock which my Mat Stack piece was adhered to was stamped with a stem image from the Turning a New Leaf set in night of navy ink then I used a corner punch on all four corners and added a white mat.
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
Please welcome our November Guest Designer -
Lynn Mercurio - Stamperosity
Pin It

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Wow! Lynn, this card is AMAZING! Not only did you take the colours, but you made the whole outfit into a card! I love it! :-)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Lynn, this is a fantastic card. Love all the layers and that wonderful sentiment outlined with the flourishes and that great floral embellishment.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn this is a fantastic card, love these colours and your pretty sentiment mat stack.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is STUNNING Lynn! No one does flowers like you! Gorgeous. Hope you have a wonderful week! XO

Lori said...

Beautiful, Lynn! Love how you brought different elements from the outfit into your design.

Wanda Cullen said...

Totally LOVE this card! Great layout and gorgeous flower!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love, love, love your gorgeous card, Lynn!!!! You have created a perfect balance of colors, papers, and design elements on this beauty!!!

Vicki Stys said...

Wow, what a striking card! I am amazed that you made these colors look so elegant! You truly have a gift for combining color, texture and patterns. Just beautiful, Lynn!

Broni said...

Awesome card, Lynn! I love the denim background layer. Everything about this is just very classic and cool!

carol (krillsister) said...

Georgeous card. You did a great job with the colour challange.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Lynn! Love your layered flower! I think I have that sentiment from PTI and haven't inked it yet. Thanks for the reminder....lol

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, how AWESOME is this card! I love the denim pattern in the background...couldn't be more perfect! Love the flowers, too.

...and I also want this outfit. So cool!