Thursday, July 16, 2020

Mermaid Card Collection Day 2 - Swimming By

 Hello! I’m here with Day 2 of my Mermaid Card Collection and today I have a fun shaker card that I created using the Honey Bee stamp set, Swimming By.
To create my card I started out by stamping some of the fun images from the Swimming By stamp set and coloring them using Copic markers then die cutting them out using the Swimming By dies. Next I die cut two white card stock panels using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies. On one of the panels I used the Small Stitched Circle dies for the window to my shaker and on the other panel I used a wave stencil and some distress oxide inks (tumbled glass & mermaid lagoon) to blend my ocean view. 
Once my ink blending was dry, I used my Misti tool and stamped part of my sentiment and some bubble images. After that I positioned two of the seaweed images on my ink blended panel and glued them in place. I used my anti-static tool on my ink blended panel and in the middle added some iridescent sequins, blue sequins and glitter for my shaker bits.
For my top panel with circle cut out, on the back side I added acetate for the window and added foam tape and adhered it to my ink blended panel to create my shaker (see photo below). Then I adhered another seaweed image, the turtle, my die cut sentiment and my mermaid which I popped up with foam tape. In the photo above you can see how I glued a small shell in the mermaids hand and how I used a Wink of Stella glitter pen on the mermaids tail and on the turtle.
Thanks for stopping by! You can view this mermaid shaker card in action over on my Instagram account by clicking here.

No comments: