Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A Little Bird... - CTD593

Hello! I’m popping in to share my card for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge #593 where we have the colors pink, blue and yellow to create with.
 The pictures I have of my card for today look very purple in tone when in real life the flamingo and flowers are very much a flamingo pink. To create my card I used the Hello Bluebird stamp set Silly Birds along with the Silly Birds dies and tried to give it a clean and simple look.
 I started out with a white card base and used a rectangle stencil I made myself, using card stock and a rectangle die, and temporally attached it over my card front where I blended on some tumbled glass, scattered straw and wild honey distress oxide inks with a cloud stencil. After that I used my Misti tool to stamp my sentiment. 

Once that was done, I stamped my images from the Silly Birds set, colored them using Copic markers and die cut them out. I stamped flowers from the Wildflower Bouquet stamp set in hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz, new leaf, summer sun and marine mist inks and used the Wildflower Bouquet dies to die cut them out. I attached my flamingo using foam tape and added the balloon and flowers. I added some clear rhinestones to the centers of the small blue flowers and two yellow glitter gems to the yellow flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: