Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Winter Wishes - CTD574

Happy New Year!! 
I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday celebrating with family and friends. Today the Color Throwdown design team is back with our first color challenge of the year and we hope you’ll join us.
After seeing the inspiration photo for this week’s challenge, I decided to go with something wintery and pulled out the Lawn Fawn stamp set Thanks a Latte along with the coordinating Thanks a Latte dies. I also used the cute little birds from the Winter Sparrows set with the Winter Sparrows dies.
To create my card, I started out with a square card base then added some red gingham Doodlebug Designs paper along the bottom. Next I die cut a square of Perfectly Plaid Fall Lawn Fawn paper using a stitched square die and adhered that to my card base with foam tape. After that I used the Stitched Scalloped Circle Frames dies to die cut a white card stock circle and the Simple Wavy Banners dies and Winter Wavy Sayings stamp set for my sentiment. I stamped all of my images and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out. I popped up the cocoa mug and two sparrows with foam tape and added a few die cut snowflakes that I die cut using the Mini Snowflakes dies. To finish off my card, I added some iridescent glitter on the snowflakes and each of the birds.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsurata - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

So SWEET! Always love your projects!

Cindy Beach said...

So pretty! Love the plaid and gingham and scalloped circle together. Makes a warm and inviting scene. Fabulous!

TK said...

Cute and so sweet! Great use of the colors!

SarniaKid said...

Very sweet! Would you share the copic colors used? Thanks so much!