Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Sweet Birthday Wishes - CTD577

Hi there! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge. We’ve got some great new colors and we hope you’ll play along.
For my card, I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Cupcake die to create a “sweet” birthday card. I started out with a white card stock base, then used the Outside in Stitched Rectangle dies to die cut a piece of blue gingham Doodlebug Design paper. Next I used the Stitched Scalloped Circle Frames dies with some white card stock. After that I die cut my cupcake pieces using hibiscus burst, chocolate chip and mint jubilee card stock. I blended on some raspberry fizz ink along the outer edges of the top of the cupcake and some cracked pistachio Distress Oxide ink on the bottom of the cupcake. For the candle I used more mint jubilee card stock and a scrap piece of the blue Doodlebug paper. I adhered my cupcake pieces together, popping up the top layer with foam tape, and added it to my white scalloped circle. Next I used some hibiscus burst card stock and the Scripty Sweet die and die cut it three times and glued them all together for added dimension and adhered that to my card. I used the Simple Wavy Banners dies and the Happy, Happy, Happy stamp set for the second half of my sentiment. Around my cupcake I added some die cut hearts and when I die cut the birthday candle, I used the discarded pieces as sprinkles.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsurata - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a fantastically cute, cheerful, awesome design. Love the colour palette, too - it gives me serious summertime vibes and makes me think of my own birthday, which falls in July.

♥ Autumn