Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A Hug in a Mug - CTD575

Hello, hello! I hope you’re doing well today! 
We’ve got a great color combo for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge that starts today with the colors kraft, gold, green and white.
For my card, I used the adorable Hello Bluebird stamp set, Cocoa Party along with the coordinating Cocoa Party dies. Lately I’ve been creating more square or smaller sized cards than standard sized and I have to say I’m liking it. It’s fun creating little scenes like the one above with my bear drinking hot cocoa out in the woods on a wintery day. To create my card I started out with a square card base then added a panel of Doodlebug Designs kraft gingham paper that I die cut using the Outside in Stitched Rectangle dies (I cut one half at a time to create a square). Next I die cut two piece of white card stock using the Stitched Mini Scallop Square Stax dies, one I used for the background of my scene which I blended on some tumbled glass distress oxide ink and stamped some snowflakes from the Frosty Friends set and the other I die cut using the Stitched Hillside Borders dies and stamped my sentiment in the lower left corner. After that I stamped the bear from the Cocoa Party set, the trees from the Frosty Friends and dies and the house and birds from the Frosty Littles set and dies and colored them with Copic markers and die cut them out. I adhered all of my images, popping up the top layer of my white scalloped piece with the sentiment and the bear with foam tape. To give my scene a frosty look I added some iridescent glitter around the edges of the snowy hill.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsurata - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

This is soooooo CUTE.