Monday, January 20, 2020

Spring Scenes


 Hello! Today I’m up over on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog where I’m sharing a fun card highlighting the new Spring Scenes stamp set and Spring Scenes dies.
To create my card, I used the new Spring Scenes stamp set and dies which are of course fantastic for creating scenes which I’ve done here with my card where I’ve used a few of the adorable images from the new stamp set, Spring Showers. I started out my using the Frilly Frames Retro Petals die and using only the outer stitched frame die to cut a piece of white cardstock which I then blended on some tumbled glass distress oxide ink. Next I stamped my images, I stamped the fence with grass, the trees and butterfly from the Spring Scenes stamp set, the clouds, flowers, butterflies and little girl with butterfly net from the Spring Showers stamp set and dies and the sun from the Sunny Sentiments stamp set and dies. After stamping and die cutting all of my images, I colored them using Copic markers. For the grass I colored with Copic markers just along the fence line and then blended on some twisted citron and mowed lawn distress oxide inks to fill in the rest of the area then stamped the little grass images from the Spring Scenes set. I created banners for my sentiment, one on the top left corner of my card with part of it stamped directly on my background, and another banner for the second part of my sentiment.
Once all of my pieces where complete, I assembled my card by first adhering my stitched blue background panel to my card front, then I added foam tape to my fence/grass piece, the little girl with the butterfly net and one of the butterflies and adhered all of my images.


No comments: