Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Be my Love Bug - CTD578

Hello there! I’m hostess for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge and with Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought the colors red, dark gray, light gray and white would help inspire us.
 
For my card I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Bugs & Kisses and the Bugs & Kisses dies to create a shaker Valentine card. To create my card, I started out by stamping the ladybug and heart images from the set and coloring them using Copic markers then die cut them out. For the shaker, I used the stamp set How You Bean? along with the How You Bean? dies and the How You Bean Shaker  Add-On dies. I stamped the jar and lid, colored the lid, and die cut them out. Next I die cut the jar from adhesive foam twice and adhered them together then I used the solid jar die and die cut the white backing for my shaker and I used the same die to die cut a piece of clear acetate. I glued in the ladybug and heart images to the backing of my shaker, added some red sequins and red confetti and adhered my shaker together. For my background, I used the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies and die cut a piece of white cardstock which I blended some candied apple distress oxide ink on. After that I used the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders dies and a piece of black gingham Doodlbug Design paper. I stamped my sentiment onto a banner I die cut using the Everyday Sentiment Banners die. I stamped the dotted ladybug trails, adhered the two smaller ladybugs, added my shaker then using foam tape I adhered the two larger ladybugs.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsurata - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

This takes adorable to a whole new level!

♥ Autumn

~amy~ said...

This is just the cutest!