Tuesday, June 14, 2011

CR84FN31 - Green Thumb

Hello there!  Today I have two cards that I've created using the colors from the CR84FN31 Color Challenge and the Papertrey Ink stamp set Green Thumb.  I was lucky enough that a few weeks back my Hope Your Day is Fabulous card was chosen as a winner for the Papertrey Ink Make-it Monday Challenge #12 and I got to pick a free stamp set and Green Thumb was my choice. 

For the above card I used the gardening boot image from the Green Thumb set along with the stems, flowers and sentiment.  I stamped, cut out and popped the center flower and added a small button, I also added a row of stitching, scallop border and some pink bakers twine.
For both cards I used an embossed panel of pretty in pink cardstock, crumb cake as a base and My Mind's Eye designer paper. 
The second card I used the pot image from the Green Thumb set and the flower, stem and die from the Flower Fusion #1 set.  I saw Maile's beautiful card combining these two sets and love it, so I thought I would give it a try.
Not to toot my own horn...but I was very excited to have my Teapot Thinking of You card chosen as one of the Terrific Top 3 from the CR84FN30 Color Challenge. 

12 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Both of these cards are so cute, Lynn! And I think you picked the perfect set for you... Green Thumb!! :D Love the pink and green together!

Kristii said...

Way cute!!! Love the colors and your design totally makes me smile!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Feel free to blow your own trumpet!! Congrats! And both these cards are just fabulous - love button details on the flowers. And that wellie boot - just so cute! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

Allison said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colours and layouts!

Unknown said...

These are both darling, Lynn! And congrats on your Top 3.. SO well deserved!

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute on both cards and a big congrats!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

These are both wonderful Lynn!!

Sue from Oregon said...

What wonderful creations!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are so sweet Lynn! Love that cute polka dot boot and the green polka dot scalloped trim! Congrats on the Top 3 ~ we loved your project! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

June K. said...

Your boot card is adorable. Love the placement of the flowers and color combos.

Sue Lelli said...

Lynn, you are certainly on a roll with a free stamp set and a CR84FN Top Three! Whoo! Hoo! Your card this week is darling! i have always loved that stamp set! LOVE the flowers coming out of the boot! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

DF said...

Lovely!!