Sunday, June 5, 2011

SSSC120/CTD144 - Create a Cupcake

Well hello there, thanks for dropping in!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend.  Here in Michigan we've had a cool rainy spring and so many of us have been wishing for some warmer weather...well we got it yesterday.  I was almost 90 degrees and muggy yuck, I'm hoping today is a little cooler since I have flowers to plant.

Today is Sunday and time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch #120.  For my card I created a CAS (clean & simple) birthday card using the SU stamp set Create a Cupcake and the fun colors from The Color Throwdown #144. 
I started out with a melon mambo card base, then a pumpkin pie layer that was embossed using my perfect polka dot embossing folder.  Then I added four punched out circles of retired SU designer paper.  The cupcake image was stamped on a white 2 3/4" square piece of card stock and I added a melon mambo mat.  Across the lower front of my card I used a scallop border piece, a strip of melon mambo and added my ribbon and bow.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing

7 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

So cute, Lynn! I am all over the bright colors especially with the cruddy spring we've had... although I hope it is a tad cooler today ; )

Have a good week!

dstandard said...

Adorable card - great take on this cute sketch!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE the pink and orange combo and that perfect bow!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love the colors on youe card Lynn!! So sweet and your bow is perfectly perfect!!!

Dana White said...

The bright colours are perfectly cheery! very sweet card

Broni said...

Super cute, Lynn. Love all the great papers you used!!

Jen Tapler said...

I missed commenting last week, but I'm glad I made it back by because I wanted to tell you how much I liked this card! I NEVER would have put these colors together, but somehow you managed to pull it off and it looks great!!