Sunday, June 26, 2011

SSSC123 - Poppies

Good morning!  It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #123, Karen has another fantastic sketch for us this week and we hope you'll play along.

For my card I used the Papertrey Ink anniversary stamp set Botanical Silhouettes, the first time I saw this stamp set I thought of the red Oriental poppies that I used to grow at our first home.  Some of the blooms would get so large that they were the size of small dinner plates and so gorgeous to look at with the translucent petals that were a vivid red.  I started out by inking the stems in old olive ink and stamping off before stamping them onto my cardstock so that my sentiment would show up nicely stamped on top.  Then I stamped my petals in poppy parade (perfect color huh?) and added my outline using a fine black pen.  The two poppy parade squares were stamped with another stem image from the set in poppy parade ink and adhered to the front of my black card base. 
Once I tied on my green ribbon I adhered my image using foam tape and added four red rhinestones to the petals.
This photo is courtesy of Pinterest and you can find the link here.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse she's off this week, but stop on by and send her some love
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing

Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this is really pretty!! Gorgeous in red, those poppies! Unfortunately I just didn't make it to qualify for this set, it's such a beauty! Love your card!
Hugs, Wendy

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Simple and absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love this Lynn!!

xx SJ

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lynn!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so pretty and so dramatic!

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty Lynn, love the outline around the poppies!!! Perfection!!

Selene Kempton said...

Such a gorgeous and rich color set! Breathtaking!

Allison said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the outline and rhinestones!

dstandard said...

Totally gorgeous!!! Love this - fabulous color!

Pam Speidel said...

Spectacular card Lynn! Love the bright bold colors and all the extra detail. WoW!

Karen Giron said...

Wow, wow, WOW! I love the border you added and the poppies are just gorgeous!!

Dana White said...

This is stunning - the poppies just pop off the page at you!!

Dana White said...

This is stunning - the poppies pop off the page at you!!

Vicki Stys said...

Beautiful, Lynn! Love the poppy and black together plus the added touches of the black outline, the rhinestones and the brads! Great job, as always!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is gorgeous! So elegant! Clean and crisp too! Fabulous image!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is such a striking colour combo!! Love it!!