Monday, April 6, 2020

Pink Peonies - Best Wishes

Good morning! I’m up over on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog today sharing a birthday card I created featuring the beautiful stamp set Pink Peonies.
To create my card, I started out by stamping three of the peonies and some of the leaves from the Pink Peonies stamp set and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out using the Pink Peonies dies. Next I die cut a piece of white card stock using the Frilly Frames - Eyelet Lace die. After that I die cut a stitched rectangle and blended on three different colors of distress oxide ink, at one end I used twisted citron then blended on some fossilized amber in the middle and blended it out toward the other end for a lighter yellow. I then went back and blended on some mowed lawn along the edges of the twisted citron end. 
Once my ink blending was completed, I used my Misti tool and stamped my sentiment. After that I watered down some black acrylic paint and added some paint splatters, once that was dry I adhered my blended ink piece to my card front and adhered my peonies and leaf images, popping up the large center peony with foam tape. I also added some foam tape on the backside of my white die cut Frilly Frames - Eyelet Lace piece.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Your coloring is fabulous. Love all the layers and details. TFS