Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Elegant Flower Frame - CTD556

Hello! I hope your week is going well. Today is Wednesday and the start of a new Color Throwdown Challenge where we have the pretty colors of green, yellow, blue and kraft to create with. 
Last Friday and Saturday was a fun two day getaway, I drove down to Ohio with a friend of mine where we attended the Stampawayusa convention. While I were there, I saw a collection of beautiful stamps designed by Catherine Scanlon and sold by Art Gone Wild and couldn’t resist making a purchasing. I love the illustrated look of Catherine Scanlon’s designs and coloring this image was so fun. My mind is filled with ideas on how to create cards using her stamps. The stamp I used for my card today is, Elegant Flower Frame. I used my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to stamp this image onto white card stock and then I colored it using Copic markers. The sentiment is from the Words of Wisdom 2 set which I stamped into the open frame. Once I was done coloring, I did some fussy cutting and trimmed off the card stock along the outer edges and attached my piece to a kraft colored card base using foam tape. I thought it need something small with a bit of dimension so I stamped a bee from the Flora & Fauna stamp set Bee Kind and after coloring and cutting him out I added him near the frame with some foam tape. Other than that I used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the bee’s wings, the blue flowers and the centers of the large yellow flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
 LucieG- August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

sherry107 said...

I love your card-especially since I have the stamp! And I LOVE Catherine Scanlon stamps!

~amy~ said...

This is so very GORGEOUS.