Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Celebrate It’s Your Day - CTD558

Hello, crafty friends! I’m hostess over on the Color Throwdown blog for this week’s challenge and I’ve chosen some bright cheerful colors for all of us to create with. I can’t wait to see what everyone creates!
For my card I used the adorable Hello Bluebird stamp set Beach Babes along with the Beach Babes dies. I started out with a white card base, then used the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies for my white center rectangle and I die cut a piece of Doodlebug Designs paper for my background. I stamped my images and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out. The balloon, bird, party hat and grass are all from the coordinating pig set, Pig Day and Pig Day dies. Behind my cute pig image I blended on some fossilized amber distress oxide ink and stamped three pink hearts. For my my sentiment, I used the Cheery Greetings stamp set and stamped the celebrate onto a Stitched Sentiment Strips banner and the other half of my sentiment just below in black ink. I popped up the pig and the center white rectangle with foam tape and added some glitter to the top of his party hat and a few dots in the background.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
 LucieG- August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Lynn your celebrating piggy is just too cute! Love the ombre diecut too.