Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Sending You Sunny Smiles - CTD557

Hello there! It’s the third week of August and our weather is still sun and warm. It’s hard to believe that the kids here in Michigan are heading back to school right after Labor Day. Today I’m sharing my card for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge.
 For my card, I used the Hello Bluebird stamp set Hippos on Holiday along with the Hippos on Holiday dies. These hippos totally crack me up! I stamped and colored all of my images using Copic markers then die cut them out. For the white frame I used the Gallery Frame die #3 and for the sandy beach I used the Stitched Hillside Border dies and some kraft card stock which I blended on some vintage photo distress oxide ink. For the waves in the background I used the Stitched Wave Borders dies and some aqua mist card stock. To create my sunny background, I made my own stencil using the Sun Ray dies and blended on some fossilized amber and wild honey distress oxide inks. For my sentiment, I stamped it onto a banner that I die cut using the Stitched Sentiment Strips dies.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
 LucieG- August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: