Friday, May 1, 2015

Twiggy Florets

 Hi there crafty friends!  I'm popping in today to share a few cards that I created for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge which is the sketch below.
I had some happy mail the other day when my Paper Smooches order was delivered and I took some time today to be crafty.  I used the new PS stamp set Twiggy Florets (I'm in love with this set!), along with the coordinating Big Vases dies, some black embossing powder and my neglected set of chalks.

I started out with a black scalloped edge card base, then die cut several of the Big Vases from black cardstock and designer paper, next I alined the vases at the bottom of a white cardstock piece just to figure out my placement, then one at a time stamped and heat embossed each of the flower images and the sentiment.  (Don't forget to use a static talc bag on your piece of white cardstock before you heat emboss).  Once all of my embossing was done the fun part came, which was blending and adding color with my chalks.  Who says you can't color outside the lines?  The final step was gluing on my vases and adhering my stamped piece to the black card base.  These cards were so much fun to make, a little messy but fun!

Thanks for your visit!

Pin It

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Your flower vases are so cool!

nina m.m. said...

i love this card, the ideas are wonderful, i also have chalks that are neglected,so i am gonna get them out and try this technique. TFS

Kay Miller said...

Oh these are cute!! I love the stamp set and I love what you have done with it! The bright flowers and the black vases look fabulous!