Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Thanks

 Hello!  Hope you're having a good day!  Today I'm sharing a thank you card that I created for someone special.  I used the Paper Smooches stamp set Twiggy Florets and the Big Vases dies.  I'm also entering this card in the Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge for this week.
I started out with a hawaiian shores card base and used a piece of watercolor paper to do a little masking and watercoloring on my card.  The picture below shows my set up of a few of the tools I used to do the masking & watercoloring.  I took a piece of scrap paper and die cut a rectangle in the center, then used my Zig 2 way glue pen and ran a thick line of glue around the edge of the cut out rectangle and let that dry.  Once the glue is dry it becomes tacky and I was able to place my rectangle template over my piece of watercolor paper pressing it in place.  Then using my watercolor brush I added just water to the open rectangle, just enough to dampen the paper but not too wet.  Next I took my distress ink pad and applied some ink to an acrylic block and pick up that color using my paintbrush and dabbed the color onto my damped watercolor paper.  You can add as much or as little color as you like.  Once the paper was completely dry, I stamped my sentiment and images, added my leaves and popped up my flower.  I added some glossy accents to the yellow center of my flower to give it some dimension.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

2 comments:

Kay Miller said...

So bright and cute and fun!! I love the watercolored background!!!

Happy Little Crafter said...

What a terrific card! Thanks for the technique explanation. Can't wait to try it!