Friday, May 8, 2015

Birthday Bash

 Happy Friday!!!  Do you have special plans for the weekend and Mother's Day?  For us it's baseball for our youngest son and dinner with family on Sunday for Mother's Day.

Today I'm sharing a birthday card that I created for the Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge using some new Paper Smooches stamps and dies.
I used the new PS Birthday Bash stamp set and the Happy Birthday Words die.  I used a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the cluster of balloon that comes with the set twice and then stamped a single balloon in the center top.  I used a piece of scrap paper when stamping the balloons to mask off the strings and give a space for my die cut sentiment.  I then placed the scrap paper over the top of my stamped balloons and alined and stamped the strings along the bottom of my paper.  After I stamped my balloons, I colored them with Copic markers then stamped some confetti around my image.  After that I took a look at my stamped piece and thought that the die cut sentiment wasn't standing out as much as I wanted, so I added some watercoloring using peacock feathers distress ink.
PS I've added some social media buttons in the sidebar of my blog if any of you would like to connect using Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest and more.

Pin It

3 comments:

VanessaB said...

super fun cheery birthday card. love it :)

Georgiana said...

Looks fabulous! Love the watercolors.

Kay Miller said...

Oh CUTE!! I love how you stamped the sentiment in the middle of the balloons like that! Such a bright fun card!