Sunday, January 23, 2022

Lemon Blossom


Hello there! Today I’m sharing a birthday card that I created for my sister-in-law’s 60th birthday. Both of us love lemons and honey and my sister-in-law has always loved the lemon tree I have in our breakfast nook so I decided to go with the lemon theme. I also had a pretty lemon gift bag as my inspiration for my card.
To create my card I used The Greetery’s Lemon Blossom stamp set and dies along with the Papertrey Ink stamp set Big Birthday Wishes and coordinating number dies. 

For my background, I used the Outside in Stitched Rectangle dies and die cut a panel of white card stock then blended on some speckled egg distress oxide ink. After that I added some splatters of white paint and set it aside to dry. Next I die cut a bunch of the lemon shapes using the Lemon Blossom dies and stamped the lemons in daffodil delight and mango melon ink, the flowers in pretty in pink and the leaves in new leaf ink.
I adhered all of the stamped lemons, leaves and flowers onto my ink blended background and then added some clear sugary looking glitter to the lemons and some gold glitter to the centers of the flowers. Once that was done I heat embossed my sentiment in white onto a piece of vellum and die cut three sets of the numbers and glued them together and adhered all of that to the front of my card.
Other than the lemon card, I purchased a larger lemon tree for my sister-in-law and in the gift bag I added some honey, lemon cookies, lemon candle, lemon soap, lemon lotion and hand sanitizer. I think she really loved it!

1 comment:

Traci M said...

Your card is gorgeous!! I love the sugar on the lemons, and the beautiful and fun way you added the numerals. Also, what fun to receive such a thoughtful and beautifully packaged gift!


Thanks so much for sharing!