Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Seas of Life Birthday Card - CTD641

Good morning! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have some great new colors to create with.
For my card I used the new Seas of Life stamp set and dies from the April release for Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper. This set is awesome for masculine cards and perfect for creating a birthday card for my brother who loves the nautical look.
To create my card I first used the Seas of Life dies and die cut the pieces I knew I wanted to use. Next I stamped the sailboat in chocolate, hawaiian shores and pure poppy ink, the sun in harvest gold and the seagulls and anchor in smoky shadow ink. 

I die cut a square of white card stock and stamped the wave images from the set in hawaiian shores, added my sailboat with foam tape and adhered the seagulls and sun. I attached my square to a piece of kraft card stock that I stamped using the Weaved Background stamp. On top of my white card base, I added some strips of chocolate and pure poppy card stock and I stamped my sentiment onto a die cut banner and added my anchor.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: